How Can I Save on Air Conditioning Installation?
Just as with any market, the key to getting the best price on an air conditioner for your home is to work opposite of the market. That means, the optimal way to save on your air conditioning installation is to have it installed during the off-season: spring and fall.
What is the Best Time of Year to Get an Air Conditioning Installation?
Sometimes you simply can’t choose when you need to replace your old HVAC unit. But with the right knowledge, you might be able to prevent an emergency in the middle of a hot summer day.
Sure, it can be tempting to wait until a breakdown to replace an ailing air conditioner. However, it’s wise to consider the advantages for installing a new central AC in the spring to keep your family comfortable and safe all summer long.
Here are the top three reasons to strongly consider replacing your air conditioner before summer.
- Your AC Is Old. The average lifespan for an air conditioner is 10-15 years. So, once your unit is edging that age, it’s time to start thinking about replacement. An old unit has a higher chance of an unexpected breakdown, leaving you with higher than necessary installation charges in the middle of summer.
- Repairs Become a Regular. If estimated repairs cost more than a third of what a replacement would be (including refrigerant costs), it’s best to replace the unit. Likewise, if your AC starts to require more than two repairs a year to keep it running, it’s time to schedule a new air conditioning installation.
- Utilities are Skyrocketing. When you discover that you’re paying far more to run the unit than you used to, it’s probably losing efficiency and nearing the end of its lifecycle. Look for a new high-efficiency unit. The higher the SEER (Seasonal energy Efficiency Ratio) rating, the better use the system makes of its consumed energy. (SEER= Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
What Questions Should I Ask When Buying a New AC?
Once you determine it’s time to replace your HVAC, you’ll want to get the best price possible. How? Do your research first and then ask the right questions, such as:
- What size AC is right for my home?
- Which brand should I choose?
- What does the air conditioning installation cost cover?
- Does zoning make sense for my home?
- What is the SEER rating?
- Do I need a Smart Thermostat?
- Are there any rebates available?
Brown’s Makes Anytime the Best Time to Get Your Air Conditioning Installation
New AC units are considerably more efficient than those manufactured 10-20 years ago and can deliver upwards of 50% greater energy efficiency. So, don’t wait a minute longer! It’s going to be a hot summer and you want your air conditioner performing at its peak.
If you live in Monmouth or Ocean County, NJ and you need a new air conditioner installation or even a tune-up, Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Pluming is standing by for you. Contact us at 732-741-0694.